Saturday 4 June 2011

Budgeting

Whilst looking back I realised that I had not recorded how I was taking budgeting into account. I guess I was doing it subconsciously. At the time I didn't think that much of it but taking budgeting into account when creating designs is very important. It is all very well creating designs, however if they are not practical and logistically possible to make that transition from concept to reality then it is just a waste of time. Whether I was designing the logos, posters and t-shirt motifs I always had one thing in mind, keep it simple. I wanted to create simple designs but also maintaing professional quality. This did not mean I did not put in the hours or the effort. Even making something that looks simple can require a lot of work and refinement. In order to keep costs down in as far as printing etc I only used three colours maximum, this included the tones black and white and the colour orange. Using tonal colours saves money in as far as printing. When designing the logos I did not want to utilise multitudes of colours, this would have consequently cost ore to reproduce. Also when creating the t-shirts, I made sure that the motifs/ designs were easily reproduced and that the actual designs were not too elaborate or dense in order to keep expenses down.

No comments:

Post a Comment